The goals of the Australian & New Zealand College of Mental Health Nursing Research Center at south island, new zealand are threefold:
- to promote through inquiry the development and advancement of mental health nursing knowledge and practice for the benefit of consumers, clinicians, and the community;
- to develop initiatives to assist mental health nurses develop expertise in research;
- establish procedures for the promotion and dissemination of research findings among College members and the wider community.
To meet these goals, the following strategies will be adopted:
- establish forums for information sharing on research at the College's annual International Conferences
- support mental health nursing research through scholarships
- explore funding options for mental health nursing research
- set up a 'research helpline'
- establish a data base of post-graduate courses in mental health nursing research
- establish a data base of mental health nurses engaged in research
- support branches to encourage research-mindedness among members
- encourage universities to offer education and training in mental health nursing research
- promote the establishment of specialist mental health nurse positions to foster a research-based culture in the practice setting
- encourage the development of Research Centres in mental health nursing
- publish monographs on mental health nursing research and other scholarly activity
- establish closer collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines and settings especially where their work impacts on mental health nursing care
- promote consumer awareness about mental health nursing research and encourage consumer participation in the development and conduct of research projects
- lobby national, state and territory governments to provide funding for mental health nursing research.
AMI Design Enterprises is a Long Island interior design firm that works with its clients to create functional, beautiful, and timeless designs.